Meridian Medical Management is a leading provider of outsourced revenue cycle, EMR and IT support services to multi-specialty and academic practice plans, with over 1,500 physicians served. We are unique in the industry by providing our clients a full suite of integrated business and IT solutions, including revenue cycle management, EMR deployment, support and business intelligence. We utilize the latest versions of the GE Centricity Business Suite of products, and maintain our own internal, U.S. –based IT programming and implementation team to provide best in class customer service.
Under the direction of the Accounts Receivable Supervisor, this position performs the pro-active follow up activity of outstanding physician claims and identifies issues resulting in non-payment of claims. Orthopedic AR work experience a plus.
• Performs follow up on outstanding physician claims as directed per the current A/R plan.
• Identifies issues resulting in non-payment of claims due to internal/external issues.
• Elevates significant issues to the Accounts Receivable Manager for further management interaction.
• Works collaboratively with other operationally units to expediently resolve outstanding physician claims.
• Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
• Follows the General A/R and the Client Specific Guidelines.
• Maintains baseline level of accounts/week.
• Provides excellent customer service to patient and clients as needed.
• Attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality work.
• General knowledge of ICD10 diagnostic and CPT procedural coding.
• Thorough knowledge of third party carriers.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems.
• Work effectively as part of a team.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent change management skills required due to a constant changing healthcare industry.
• Ability to meet department standards regarding production and quality.